Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Former U.S. Marine crossed into Haiti with team to save lives

This one is from Blake:

I have been thinking of ways to help the rescue effort in Haiti. I came across this blog that I used to follow while this guy, Jake Wood was chronicling his tours of duty as a Marine sniper in Iraq and Afghanistan. He is out of the marines now and the day the earthquake happened he pulled together a crew of ex marines, firemen, doctors and nurses to go on their own into the backcountry of Haiti to help.

I have made a donation and I think that if you spend two minutes reading his blog account, you might want to as well. Send this on, as you can be sure that every penny sent will be put to good effort. Other than a donation to the church’s humanitarian aid fund, this is the best bang for your buck as far as charitable giving is concerned.

http://blog.teamrubiconhaiti.org/index.html

Just wanted to share!! Thanks -- Blake

No comments: