Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wedding's Galore {plus design for Shabby Apple}!!

Who's ready for August!! We have a lot of exciting things coming up... I'm shooting another wedding next weekend, school start's August 15th, then we head out west August 17th to Utah/Idaho for 10 days for my Aunt Julie and Cliff's wedding and then my Brother and Annie's wedding the next weekend!!  Eeeeek... I can't wait.

Speaking of weddings, I teamed up this month with Candace from Colour by Candace to shoot a Couture Bridal Session!!  I am very excited with how everything turned out... for the whole story/post visit: www.harttohartdigitalblog.com.  Here are a few of my faves....



Enough about wedding dresses... let's talk bridesmaids dresses!!  My adorable sister-in-law to be has asked all the sisters to wear gray dresses for her wedding.  There's going to be a lot of us, so I was hoping to find something really beautiful and different..... that has a little sleeve, hits at the knee and doesn't show enormous amounts of cleavage!!!  Mission: Impossible, right!!!  Actually, I think I did find something, BUT one of the first places I checked out was Shabby Apple Dresses.  They have gorgeous, stylish, modest dresses and I just LOVE the photography all over their website.  Well, I got to thinking... I wish I could just design my own dress.  THEN, I noticed shabby apple hosts a "dare to design" contest...... my pencil hit the paper and I started sketching.

Dress designer I AM NOT!!!  But, I thought it would be fun to try b/c I always have ideas floating around in my head and I really wish I could find something like this for my bridesmaid dress {I would choose paring #1 or #3}!!  Here is my "Design for Shabby Apple"


And just for fun here's one more dress sketch... I want this one too!!
Anyway, hope everyone is having a great summer... looking forward to August!!

4 comments:

Eva and Joey said...

So cute! I'll take one in every color!!

Brandi said...

oh my gosh girl, you are so talented. I wouldn't know the first thing about trying to sketch something. haha. And I actually sew. How sad is that?? Love your designs, for real, and the shoes in the bottom one, umm I might need those. hope you win!

Candace said...

AWESOME!! Love the dresses...and of course the pictures!

Anajá Schmitz said...

Olá, lindo seu blog cheio de ótima sugestões. Amei os vestidos de noivas. Tudo muito bonito.
Tenha uma ótima semana.