Thursday, July 14, 2011

San Diego Trip - Grandpa's Funeral

This post is probably more for family/for me to remember and despite the reason for this last minute/unexpected trip out to CA, it truly was a memorable trip and I'm so thankful I was able to make it out.

Because a lot of my family still lives out in Southern CA, there were many who were able to attend/participate in making it a celebration of the life of my grandpa.  It was a very beautiful, spiritual funeral filled with lots of memories.  Ash, Cami, myself and my 3 other cousin's sang "How Great Thou Art" along side a video recording of Grandpa singing the first verse a month before his death... that is something I will always remember.  

We also threw in blue carnations (his favorite color/flower) with tags filled with memories and letters.  I loved the picture with my uncle and cousin in their military uniforms.  All things considered it was a very nice day.

Growing up I have so many memories of going with Grandparents to Disneyland, Seaworld, Knottsberry Farm etc... so the day after we all decided to do something fun and enjoy our last day.  We had a great time at raging waters.
I have to give a HUGE THANK YOU TO BLAKE and many friends who helped out with the boys and made it possible for me to leave on a moments notice.  Thank you.

No comments: