So, this past month I have been tagged about 25 times on facebook to write 25 random things about me... Sounds exciting right!! I wrote them a while ago, but decided to post them on my blog instead of facebook - it just seemed a little personal! And I'm thinking this was mostly just fun for me to think up a whole 25 things....here goes....
1. I LOVE to travel. It is absolutely one of my favorite things in life. When I was 16, my family (all 8 of us plus a pull behind trailer) drove cross-country and stopped in over half of the states. In college I traveled w/ the modern dance company to Austria, Ukraine, Belarus, Fiji & New Zealand. I served a mission in Bolivia and went to the MTC in Peru. I have since been back to Peru twice as well as Chile & Mexico and crossed a string of borders throughout. I can’t get enough. I am dying to go to Spain… and the list goes on!
2. I love to cook… not bake… just cook. And I love to make up my own crazy gourmet recipes that involve thing like pesto, pine nuts, feta, sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
3. I am terrified of heights, but I LOVE roller coasters. We’re talking the crazy ones.
4. On that note, I went bungee jumping (backwards, headfirst) for my 16th B-day. It was actually really fun.
5. I have played the piano since I was 5. My senior year I had a solo graduation recital (yep, just me on the stage for one hour playing the piano… awkward!). I did manage to memorize 6 classical songs (Rachmaninoff, Bach etc…) The last piece I played was 11 pages long. Snooze fest. I am pretty proud of it looking back though. I Could NEVER do it again.
6. I really like to read… it’s addicting so I go in spurts. In the past four weeks I have manage to read (or am in the middle of reading) The Shack, Confessions of a Shopaholic, The other Boleyn Girl, The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands.
7. My favorite sport to both watch and play is Volleyball. My senior year our team won CIF (it’s a Southern CA championship). We beat the high school (Poway) that my Dad grew up attending. Which, BTW was always our biggest rival!!
8. I have had a photography business for 5 years now (started as videography but that was way to hectic). I LOVE photography and have learned a lot/come along way – BUT I still sort of freak out without fail before each wedding/shoot and worry that I won’t be good enough.
9. I could eat salad EVERY night for dinner. (these are really jazzy salads we’re talking about). I love it.
10. I don’t have a middle name. My first name is my Maternal Grandmother’s last name, so I always sort of thought I had 2 last names. (though, in middle school I did tell everyone my middle name was Stacey.. that stuck for about 2 years)
11. I love to decorate. I am not the best, but I literally fall asleep at night scheming. If only I had mega bucks - oh the things I would do.
12. I do free lance graphic design for a small publication in FL. Just another side job ‘cause I have so much free time.
13. Blake and I have served in the Spanish Branch (of our church) for 3 years now. I am the Primary President, Primary Chorister, Primary Pianist, Branch Music Chairman and the Public Affairs Rep. I love it, but it does keep things hopping. Why again, did I take the afore mentioned side job?
14. I love musicals. I was in West Side Story & Bye Bye Birdie in High school. Mostly dancing parts and “Sad Girl #1”, but hey, I loved it and I still can’t get enough. When I went to NYC for my B-day last year, that’s all I did: Broadway, every single night!!
15. I secretly wish I could host a traveling, photography, cooking, yoga show. ALL my favorite things combined.
16. Ohhhh… I LOVE YOGA. Especially HOT.
17. Which brings me to this random fact: I did weekly yoga throughout both my pregnancies and I could still do the splits, headstands, full backbends etc… all the way up to delivery. I’ve never felt better!
18. I don’t mind cleaning… I actually sometimes really like it, but I HATE to do the dishes, which works out really nice b/c I married a man that does the dishes ON HIS OWN every night. I can probably count on my hands the times I’ve done the dishes after a family meal.
19. I have the BEST mom in the world. People still ask if we are sisters. Love pops too, but I can literally only remember one time in my entire life that my Mom has raised her voice at me. She has the most patience of anyone I’ve ever met. WHY can’t I be more like that?
20. I am still in pursuit of the PERFECT jean.
21. I am OBSESSED with Mexican Food. Growing up I had no idea restaurants outside of the Mexican Genre existed (well.. until I went on my first date!) Seriously though, it’s a sickness and it’s not so much the food I crave, but the chips and salsa!!
22. I love being a mom and am so happy I get to stay at home w/ my kids while doing things I love on the side. It’s hard and I wish I could be a WHOLE lot better, but I wouldn’t want to be doing anything else.
23. During my year and a half in Bolivia, I spent several months in a small junglly area bordering the Amazon river. After 4 months, I contracted Malaria. Literally the CRAZIEST thing that has ever happened to me. While the experience itself was horrendous, I have never felt Christ’s love more powerfully in my LIFE. I learned compassion and faith and to never give up during a long month in a lonely Bolivian hospital – lessons for which I will always be grateful for. Why is it when we’re at our lowest, we sometimes learn the most? Pretty powerful.
24. I am night OWL. I’ve tried… I can’t not be. That’s why its 1:00 am and I am writing this.... sigh.
25. I wrote this list over a month ago… I sort of think this whole thing is a little open and narcissistic, but actually it was really fun to write, so what the heck… I’m going to post it ☺